I’ve Been Notified That There Are Tax Deed and/or Mortgage Foreclosure Surplus Funds Available for Me to Claim — Now What?

Representing Homeowners

If you are reading this, then you most likely have been notified that there are surplus funds available for you to claim after the recent tax deed, or mortgage, foreclosure sale of your Florida property. Whether you were notified by the Clerk of Court, in which the foreclosure sale took place, or by a Third-Party Surplus Funds Recovery Company, I highly advise contacting an experienced Florida Surplus Funds Recovery Attorney. By contacting an Attorney, you can ensure that you are receiving accurate information regarding surplus funds as well as confirmation as to whether there are surplus funds available to be claimed. Should you decide to move forward with hiring an attorney, then you can ensure that your rights and best interests are going to be protected. I can guarantee this because as attorneys we’re bound by ethics that are governed by the Florida Bar, and should they be broken, we can face not only sanctions but potential disbarment resulting in our inability to practice law in the state of Florida.

What I don’t suggest doing is hiring a Third-Party Surplus Funds Recovery Company to assist you with the recovery of your surplus funds. The reason for this is because they often have you sign a document that effectively assigns away your rights to the surplus funds to their company. Not only do these companies make you assign away your rights to YOUR surplus funds, but they also charge high percentage contingency fees (among other hidden fees). Even more mind-boggling is that once you hire these companies, they’ll then go to THEIR OWN in-house attorney to begin the claim filing process. In other words, you’ll have essentially hired a middleman to recover your surplus funds instead of hiring your own attorney directly. Not to mention that I’ve seen scenarios where Third-Party Surplus Funds Recovery Companies will recover the funds and then disappear — not paying the former homeowner a dime or only giving them a dime of the funds that were recovered.

If you wish to speak to an experienced Florida surplus funds recovery attorney, then please contact my office and I’ll be happy to personally give you a free consultation. During our consultation, I’ll confirm whether there are surplus funds available to be claimed as well as answer any questions that you may have. If there are surplus funds available to be claimed, then I’ll also provide you with a personalized strategy as to how we can assist you with the filing of your claim.

At Haynes Law Group, P.A., we have experienced Attorneys who are well-versed in the Florida statutes governing former Florida homeowners’ claims to Florida surplus funds and have helped to claim millions of dollars for former Florida homeowners. We represent former Homeowners all over the state of Florida, no matter which county they’re in, and will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the Gold Standard of Legal Service.

Related Posts
  • If I Sold a Property and Then it Goes to Foreclosure Auction and There Are Surplus Funds Can I Claim Them? Read More
  • Florida Condominium Association Foreclosures and Surplus Funds Read More
  • Does The Haynes Law Group Work with Third-Party Surplus Funds Recovery Companies? Read More